Jaipur Airport (JAI) – Transport
Jaipur Airport (JAI) is located about 13 km from Jaipur city centre. There are some transport options at JAI Airport to go to the city centre and some other transport options within the Jaipur or Pink city:
- Bus: at Jaipur Airport, the nearest bus stop is located about less than 5 minutes walking from the passenger terminal. The bus line which leads you to Jaipur city centre is the 6A bus line, which goes from Malviya to Khirni Phatak. You also have other lines going to the Jaipur Railway station or to the main Junction. Buses work from around 5:00h in the morning until 21:30h in the evening, passing every 10-30 minutes.
- Train: main train station in Jaipur is located 13 km from Jaipur Airport (JAI), the Jaipur Junction Railway station, from where you can catch many train connections. You can get there by taxi, car/car rental or bus (6A).
- Taxi: if you need a taxi ride from Jaipur Airport to Jaipur city centre you need to know that the distance is about 13 km, which means the ride should take you around 30 minutes to the railway station of Jaipur (so you can have a reference). At Jaipur Airport there is a taxi rank, but if all of them would be busy you can ask at the information desk of the airport for another taxi.
- Car rental: there are many car rental options for your trip to Jaipur, check our search engine and find the car rental option which fits you the best.
- Autorickshaw: there is also the option of take an autorickshaw/cycle-rickshaw at Jaipur Airport (JAI) and so in a nice ride you’ll be in Jaipur city centre. Autorickshaws are cheap and practicals, and of course they are the typical transport of the Indian streets. You will find a rank of autorickshaws at the JAI Airport.